Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be using my msd distributor from my old 351c in my new 351c, i custom cut the wires so the ends were the hei type that the msd cap requires. now that im going to a stock distributor i am wondering if there is a cleveland distributor cap with the hei type terminals so i can save the new wires that are set up for hei terminals- has anyone used one ir is there an interchange ?

·
Registered
279 Posts
go to the parts store and buy what i s called by some vendors a cap adapter, and by others a cap spacer....it's a replacement part and they should have at least 2 in stock, then buy the cap and rotor......get the parts for a circa 76 ford v8 anything....if they say something about a mark series ignition(not a mark series car), tell them no.....

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Get a Duraspark cap and base off an old Duraspark. Drops right on a stock point body. All the distributor bodies are the same on the small blocks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
On 2006-12-20 07:14, ckelly wrote:
Get a Duraspark cap and base off an old Duraspark. Drops right on a stock point body. All the distributor bodies are the same on the small blocks.
big blocks as well.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts