Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times...if at all.. should you reuse the headbolts on a 351c before replacing? This is a mild sreet only motor. Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
On my mild motors I use them over and over and over and over. I never give them any thought. The only time I dont re-use them is on my race motors. Then I use ARP bolts.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think if your double guessing the boltz, you should replace.

68 Fairlane/70 Cougar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark7068 on 2/2/02 9:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Hmmm ...

Asking the question because you simply "don't know or have experience" is one thing

"Guessing" because you question the condition of the bolts ... in another ballgame all together.

If the former is the case ... I'm with "Kid"
If the later is the case ... I'm with "Dark"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I ordered new ARPs. Just didn't know how many times they had been torqued. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I use a caliper to measure the length of all 20 of them. If one or two is much longer than the rest of them, I'll throw them away and go out back to find a couple more.

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
When I replaced my heads, I reused half of the bolts, and replaced half with allen head capscrews. The capscrews made it so i didnt have to have the heads on before I intalled the crane stud kit. So far no problems, put a thousand or so miles on allready.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts