Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy here locally that is selling some 351C 4V heads that he says the coolant ports have been modified to work with 302/351W blocks. I assume using these would require 351C intake and headers.

Has anyone had any experience with this? It seems like they should flow well considering the size of the valves. I find that they should have a 62.8 cc combustion chamber; combined with a piston with a small dish and thin HG's should net about 9.5:1 compression I think.

Also, does the 302's cam work OK? I guess all the lobes line up with the valves on the heads?

In short, would this be a good idea?

·
Registered
674 Posts
2V Clevland heads is a better choice unless you want to crank 8000 RPM or more. Special intakes are needed. Cant remember who markets them now was B&A but someone else purchased the casting equip.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Isn't that combo a Boss 302?
The 4V yes but they didnt runn all that well untill the RPMs were upped. Disconnect the factory rev limiter and they halled. But that was with a flat tappet cam high compression domed pistons.
Still have a factory intake a few rods and a set of std bore pistons. Possibly a solid roller cam and lifters.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
There's a guy here locally that is selling some 351C 4V heads that he says the coolant ports have been modified to work with 302/351W blocks. I assume using these would require 351C intake and headers.

Has anyone had any experience with this? It seems like they should flow well considering the size of the valves. I find that they should have a 62.8 cc combustion chamber; combined with a piston with a small dish and thin HG's should net about 9.5:1 compression I think.

Also, does the 302's cam work OK? I guess all the lobes line up with the valves on the heads?

In short, would this be a good idea?
289,302/351W cam will fit w/correct order.
would need a flat top for 9.5 c/r area . would need pistons

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I'll see what he's looking to get for them. Unless they are a steal I'm leaning toward saving up for some aftermarkets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts