Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if one of the major connecting rod makers, makes a sportsman type connecting rod for the 351C? If so which one, I'm doing a couple of circle track motors and need something better than stock but not a billet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
as far as i know eagle is the only manufacture of a shelf rod for 351c. how much horsepower do you plan on making the stock rod should handle 450HP done up they can handle over 500HP.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I run stock rods in my motor. Polished and shot peened beams, ARP bolts, and full floated wrist pins. I spin them 8000 rpm, and the car has gone as quick as 9.97 @ 135 mph. It should be right at an honest 600 hp at the flywheel. And I have never had a connecting rod fail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. It's not really the horse power numbers I'm concerned with. Both will max out at 400 or so. One motor will be a low compression, two barrel circle track motor so I'm trying to get the reciprocating weight down. The other motor is for a circle track driving school motor so it needs to be ultra bullet proof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts