Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new intake for the 351C 4V (At this time I'm running a Performer).
I just saw a Street Dominator for like $84 on e-bay.
I remember hearing this was a hot item if you could find it. Now I'm torn, that Street Dominator, Blue thunder, X-celerator, or even the Torker 2. I like what the Stealth claims "idle to 7,000 rpm" but they don't make them for the Cleveland.

Is this thing worth the bang for the buck?
or?

·
Registered
283 Posts
You're thinking of the STRIP Dominator. The STREET dominator was a mid 70's bad idea. Not a good intake for performance. As someone once said, "combined the worst traits of a single plane and the worst traits of a dual plane, all into one intake!"

The best intake available for street use is the BlueThunder or Boss 351.

The best intake for Street/strip is the STRIP Dominator.

Torker is OK, Offy not great. Depends on what you really want. Since your profile says you're into trucks, then I'd get the Blue Thunder with the full divider, and call it a day.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I've been leaning in the direction of the Blue Thunder, just needed that little push. You said with the full divider, is that the dual plane? (dual plenum)
Also what kind of RPM range does it have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.