Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This coming winter, I am planning on pulling my 351c 4v out and refreshing it. But, for the price that stroker kits are getting down to, I figured it might be wise to stroke it. So here is my dilema:
Do I need a forged crank or will the cast crank be good enough? Right now my engine is makin 336 RWHP and 359 RWTQ and is revving to about 7000-7200. I will not be changing cams, so my same 242/244 @0.050 solid roller will be stayin in. Should turn out to be a great torque cam considering the added cubes and the port stuffed 4vs. So I'm guessing if I go 393 or 408, it will only be revving to 6500-6800 rpms? And the bores only have about 8000 miles on them, so I will not be able to hard block the block since it might distort the cylinders.

I have a custom JPT converter that is flashing in the 3800-4000 rpm range, so I'd imagine that will go up to with the stroker. What would be the best stroke to go with consideraing the above cam and converter?

Also for the guys that have stroker Clevelands all ready, at what stroke do you have to start notching the cylinders or pan rail for clearance?

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
My 408 Stroker (4 inch stroke) did NOT require any notching or clearancing.

I sourced it from Mark McKeown at www.mmeracing.com.

Be aware that 351C stroker kits are more expensive than Windsors. I didn't want to take any chances, so I ordered from a reputable dealer.

I don't have first hand experience but from what I've read the 418 or 427 Cleveland Stroker kits are really past the limits of the stock block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts