Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 351c in a 67. Its 10.7 cr with 4v cc heads Holly 750dp, lunati solid lifter cam .536 lift intake .562 ex 224 duration in and 234 ex, Edelbrock torker 2 and an msd 6a and billit distributor. I wonder if anyone out there has a similar setup and what you guys set initial and total timing at? Anyu input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have always found that with my cleveland stuff, the more timing I can put to it wihtout detonation, the more power it would make. I have ran as much as 42* of total timing on gas, and as high as 45* total timing on alcohol.

Depending on the fuel you run, I would put the 25* bushing in the distibutor, and between 11-14* on the crank, and use one heavy silver spring and one light silver spring. If it pings, you might need to put both heavy silver springs on it, and/or change the bushing to the 21* and move it to around 14*-16* on the crank. (FYI, I have the 21* bushing in my racemotor, with 20* on the crank for a total of 41*, but it's on alcohol so it doesnt detonate)

But timing is a strange thing, all cars are different so yours may take something completely opposite of mine.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.