Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what spark plug I should be using. It's a flat-topped, approx. 11.9 or 10.98 at min. C/R. all other specs are at http://www.ucalgary.ca/~bkormos/mustang.html
The plugs right now look VERY sooty.. It's a wet Soot, which would indicate very rich, or very oily. What plug should I use to avoid this, but also avoid detonation/pre-ign. ? the oil is probably from my pcv setup (you may be able to see it in the pics @ the above). I'm running it into the carb from one v/c and i have the other side blocked off (creating a strict vaccuum). Also, the reason it's sucking up oil right now is because I tore the stock baffles out of the stock 351C v/c's to create clearance for my Crane Energizers. Should I be running a vent on the other V/C?? I have new M/T covers (with baffles!) and plan on running a pcv on one side and a vent on the other.. is this the way to do it? I also got a compression tester and am going to test all around.. I'll post #'s tomorow.. help me out here please, fellas.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SteeLDawN on 4/19/03 12:26pm ]</font>

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I'd get stock plugs for a 1970 "M" code 351C ... those were 11.0:0 ... good starting point ...

If it doesn't seem right ... and you think compression is higher ... move to cooler plug.

Best advise I have

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some years ago I have a 351C in a street car. It was a boss 351C. AF22 plugs seemed to work well however, they fouled-up pretty quickly in city driving. AF32 seemed ok for city driving but were too hot for WOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts