Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here and new in the Ford world also, (used to be pure Mopar guy)
Anyway I have been reading this board for quite sometime and I'm impressed with all nice people here and all help that is available.
Well to my questions,, I got myself a 67FB (finally) now I'm thinking of ditching the original siezed 289 2V and C4
for a 351W and a AOD trans. I am looking to get 350-400HP from the motor.
Can you guy tell me what years the motor should be for easiest transplant?
Also if I go with the AOD what years and what to look for.
Would a crate motor for approx $ 3,500 come out cheaper in the end than finding a core and rebuilding it.
Ok one more then I'm done.
Anyone knows approx. how much HP and torque a 8" rear and a AOD can handle.

Tony, Seattle

·
Registered
447 Posts
Well first off it aint gonna matter which one will be easiest cause they will all drop in and bolt up the same. Its your decision about build or buy. Build you can do it the way you want to but you go to deal with machine work,parts,etc....buy you got the power and everything is already put together for you. I would decide from those 2 then figure out what you need for the power and everything or what motor to buy...ya know. As for the 8...i wouldnt trust it cause if you put gears and stuff in it the blows you sol. The ford muscle project car was running 11.96 with slicks and the 8 in and broke one axle. The aod im not sure about. Mostly all about funding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts