Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1984 351w block only
Fresh 30 over bore and ball honded
Line honed main caps. Machine shop lost one bolt.
New can bearings
e4ae-6015-fa-6
It has been in my apartment for 4 years out of the weather.

I was going to build a 408 but it will be awhile, and I don't want it to rust away waiting...

$400 obo

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It cost $450 from Beachy machine shop with the missing bolt. That's just machine work and a new set of cam bearings installed. We did not care about the missing bolt because the plan was to stud it.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Machtang - it has to be a good deal to get a buyer, so is there anything else done to it? Was it hot-tanked or de-scaled? Were the decks squared or lifter bores relined, or...? Anything? Look at it this way: Block $100, missing bolt –$20, .030 bore and hone $160 ($20/hole), line honing $80, cam bearings $20 = $340. So, at $250 it's a deal, but not enough to pay today's freight costs to anywhere outside your neighborhood. I would push it locally or you'll have to give it away to ship it.

Weight (iron) and size (body panels, trim, seats) kills prices. I finally got rid of most of my iron heads for scrap prices, because they are too heavy to ship. Yeah, I expect a lot of really good deals for buyers on big and heavy stuff at the big meets next Spring. Last year was pretty darn good for panels and 3rd members.

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts