Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swapped a 351W into a 65 f100? Im trying to find headers to do the swap. I used 69 mach 1 manifolds when I had the engine in my other truck but id like to have soem headers. has anyone tried headers from a 69 or so with a 302 on a swap like mine or has anyone tried late modell mustang headers with a column shifted 3 speed. I know a guy back in VA who had 5.0 headers on a 67 but it was an automatic. Thanks Don

·
Registered
214 Posts
I put a 351w with an AOD into my 71 F100. About the same under the hood. Headers have been a pain in my side. 302 headers would fit the left side but hit the bellhousing on the right side. I've heard that later model 351W headers will fit the right side but hit the steering gear on the left side. I've tried a set of JBA shorties and the front tube hit my steering gear so they did'nt work. I have power-steering so that is one problem.
I've talked to several people who have a Windsor in these trucks. One guy is using Hooker long tubes but he did some fabbing to get the to fit. I know a fellow that has a set of headmans that he said fit up pretty well but he had to cut a section of the frame. Next time I try headers I want to try some old tri-y's from an early Mustang. Looks like with the 2 1/2" collector it may work.
Clint

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have power steering but i do have a column shifted 3 speed. I had the engine in a 72 and i used 70 mach 1 manifolds which worked great unfortunately i left them on the truck when i took the engine out. I had 2 inchpipes built off the manifolds but id like to have 2 1/2 inch for a little better performance but im not sure if they will fit the manifolds. so im trying to find some idea of what header will fit without too much modification. thanks for the ideas, Don.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts