Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update
I put on a set of Crites headers. First set "fit" with some "help" aka hammer. But the Crites set went on with no problems at all. They do require a oil filter relocation which is no big deal. The front 2 tubes do go under the control arm so if that's an issue, they still give good ground clearance.
So if you thinking of this swap, Crites is the way to go and the work very nicely. Highly recommended.
The Crites set I have for the 68 Cougar with a 460 are just as easy. So all you Mustang and Cougar people, this is a much easier swap then imagined.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well put a carpet in. More then Ford did that year and soon I'll be changing the 3.00 gears to 3.80s. The 2500 conv does like the 3.00s

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Selling it on Ebay to make room for my Cougar project.
relisted it today since EBAY screwed it up with "techincal" problems. 2000 hits, 60 watchers and no one could bid on it in the last few hours and questions/answers weren't displayed. As the seller I couldn't even get into the Ebay website 2 hours prior to it ending. (Page not found)????
Well we'll try again.
I didn't put subframe connectors or 3.80 gears in it yet because I didn't know if it was for street or drag racing. Might do that anyway. But for now, factory stock. Doesn't even have a radio or cigarette lighter. These were barebone cars when sold in 69.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sold her and she's on her way to Alabama. Poor thing won't know what hit her in all that humidity

21 - 25 of 25 Posts