Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the site but seems like there a ton of info around here. anyways i have a 69 coupe with a 250 6, i recently bought a 73 351w block rebuilt it with some go fast goodies ,and now am ready to swap motors. few qustions though. can i use the c4 from the 6, will it just bolt up? what motor mounts shoudl i use, is there anything use i should change?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can use the C4, but you'll need a different bellhousing and torque converter. Any small block (windsor) engine mounts should work. You will need to change the radiator over to a larger one, and in doing so you should get one with a driver's side inlet, otherwise you will need to get a '69 water pump and (I believe) crank pulley/timing tab too so that you can use that water pump. That's all I can think of, maybe someone else will chime in with more info or corrections.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that the 200 has a different bellhousing but i read somewhere that the 250 has the same bellhousing as all small block windsors since it made so much tourqe. anyone know if this is true or no?

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, I don't believe so. I am pretty sure the 250 had the same bellhousing as the 200. The 240/300 sixes, on the other hand, do have the small block bolt pattern and bellhousing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts