Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Just machine a carb intake for injector bungs, use 5.0 sensors and run it with a F.A.S.T. system.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
curious...

why couldn't one use an elbow to adapt the TB to a carb manifold, machine the manifold for injectors, and use MAF?

Not really up to date on EFI stuff if you can't tell.

The biggest problem I see is that the ends of the intake runners are under the valve cover and you'd have to have the injectors further away from the head....but again, I don't know if that'd cause a problem or not.

Just thinking out loud, sorry

·
Registered
271 Posts
There's a Swedish company making individual runner efi setups, owner of which is a diehard FE guy. He has developed a setup for FE, which has the intake runner block, 8 throttle bodies and valley tray. Requires the use of coil pack ignition.

unikracing.com

Modified carb intake with tb would be cheaper & somewhat less drivable with big cams. However, just the sheer looks of a IR setup would be something.

One possibility would be to use weber intake (like holman moody) and weber IDA style throttle bodies to come up with a IR setup. That's probably the most common way to go IR.

Cheers,
Calypso

·
Registered
22 Posts
EFI on a FE. Check out www.qualityroadsters.com. They have a trick setup that uses Ford Mass Air, factory ford computor, sensors, wiring, etc. Distributor is a custom Mallory unit. It uses a modified LS1(yuck) mass air meter that allows you to use a stock air cleaner if you like. I am about ready to order up a unit for the wife's 68 GT, and will be using a modified Performer RPM instead of the Victor FE that is suggested for a more stealthy look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts