Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thinking any of the 3X2 intakes would bolt up and 'work', and dont really know if they are all of the same design, "IE: low-med-hr" If its still wearing the '52's heads you may have some major gasket matching to do to the heads. I dont know if they ever did a '52 with 3X2 from factory. I am sure Kultz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
every thing that i have read on the fe engine says that they all from 331 to 427 are the same on bore and stroke and that heads and intake inter change,is this true.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
You can find your intake on E-bay and several on Craigslist.

Noooooooo, it is not true that all FE engines from 332 to the venerable 427 have the same bore and stroke.

If you think about it for a minute, What makes Cubic Inches in a motor? The Bore and Stroke... So they cannot possibly all be the same, but the Majority of the parts will all interchange. They're of the same general design.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a 1963 galaxie 500 with a 352 fe looking for intake for 3x2 carbs.preferorig.ford.
I've actually got a complete setup I'm selling if you are interested. Send me a PM.

That being said, any factory 3x2 intake will bolt right up to your heads with no modificaitons needed. The heads on the 352 were the same as the 390, and same port locations as the 406 and 427 low riser.

One thing to think about, if your car is an automatic then you won't be able to use your kickdown without fabricating your own bracket.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
One thing to think about, if your car is an automatic then you won't be able to use your kickdown without fabricating your own bracket.
LOKAR... :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
There is a site tbirdsquare.com I think that tells about the different intakes between Tbird and Galaxie.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Yes, you want the FORD/MERC setup, not the BIRD.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
What is a 331? There were 332 FE's but I never ran across a 331 FE?
I am certain ... ( :confused: ) ... that he meant 332.

There was also a 330 MD/HD FT just to add to the confusion.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
the 331 is only 1/32nd" away from the 332 engine on a keyboard... I made the same mistake... :)
Maybe you were INADVERTENTLY referring to the LOW COMPRESSION EXPORT ENGINE? :)

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I have yet to find anyone who was successful at getting a kickdown to work for a 3 X 2 setup using a lokar cable, but if you know of one, I would like to hear about it. I have been trying to figure out how to hook up a kickdown on my car for years.
Dave,

Let me work on this as I am away from the house (computer) this weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts