Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
I would agree on the drama thing, Randy....

However, there are certain things that are said publicly that need to be corrected, so that the random internet reader doesn't get false info.

Call any reputable builder that you can think of and ask them if they use Eagle cranks in their FE's... ;) There's no way I would use one and neither would Barry Rabotnick, Blair Patrick, Keith Craft, or the like. I simply don't want to see anyone tear a block in half.

On certain engine platforms, there is information privy only to those who have experience with them. I have lots of experience with FE's, Clevelands, and Windsors. It's what pays the bills. I wouldn't hop on a Pontiac forum and give advice contrary to Jim Butler, nor would I hop on a Chevy forum and give advice contrary to Pat Musi. ;)

I think I got you straightened up with your login on my Cleveland forum....thanks for all your help.
Brent I respect your opinion and the experience you have that backs it up. I have used Eagle, Scat, Moldex, Bryant, Crower , Callies, Velasco and others. BUT , I have never used an Eagle FE crank so I have no opinion comment on the quality of "that" crank from them. In my day job , I have people mentioning Eagle as the crank they are using ( along with Scat and others) on FE strokers. People often make comments about "brands" of cranks. I'm pretty sure if barnett468 had the same experience you have had he would not use / promote that brand either. I'm 90% sure he does not build engines in the same caliber as you do , so he "may" never have failed one like you and others have . This is a tough medium to get things across sometimes and that is why I promote PMs when there is a question about meaning in a post.
Randy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could someone tell me the part # and where to buy a 390 GT original cam...? and if you know it what are the specs....!!

81 - 82 of 82 Posts