Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi everyone, I am replaceing the cam in my '69 Mach 1 S code, I put this cam in about 20 years ago and I can't remember the specs or even the make. I would like to replace it with the same exact cam because it works perfect. The only markings on the cam are :

On the end opposite the dist. gear stamped on the face is FRV2 H2

Cast into the shaft just below the first bearing surface is "CWC"

Under the CWC is an oval with 29 in it

Cast in the shaft between lobes 14+15 IS "1-6" or "I-6"

Cast in the shaft after lobe 8 is "D1"

This cam is a rather radical cam with a pretty big lope and I have always had to use a vavuum canister to make my power brakes work good.
If anyone can help me ID this cam I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help, Bill :bow:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
:confused: Hi everyone, I am replaceing the cam in my '69 Mach 1 S code, I put this cam in about 20 years ago and I can't remember the specs or even the make. I would like to replace it with the same exact cam because it works perfect. The only markings on the cam are :

On the end opposite the dist. gear stamped on the face is FRV2 H2

Cast into the shaft just below the first bearing surface is "CWC"

Under the CWC is an oval with 29 in it

Cast in the shaft between lobes 14+15 IS "1-6" or "I-6"

Cast in the shaft after lobe 8 is "D1"

This cam is a rather radical cam with a pretty big lope and I have always had to use a vavuum canister to make my power brakes work good.
If anyone can help me ID this cam I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help, Bill :bow:
hi;

you can put it in your engine and take it to an engine builder and have him degree it, then get another made. or possibly send it to comp and tell them you want the specs and a copy made.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts