Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
390 4bbl engine from 75 F250 camper special. Looks to be all original running condition. 200.00. Trans also aval.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. My buddy has a short bed pick-up with a 30 over 390. He ran it at the drag strip , has headers ran pretty good. She is rusty and going to the scrape yard this coming week. Before scrape yard it is going to stop at my house for I am removing the 390 and trans. Gota weigh it on trailer first, then remove motor, weigh it again. I am getting it for scrap price. I was thinking a 390 and c-6 weighs around 1000 pounds maybe.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not quite shure about what the tranny is yet. According to the year it said Ford o matic..Ford something anyway. I will be checking that out soon.
I lloked it up based on serial number and door codes. From what several websites stated C6s were fleet options or chassis cabs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am in Ky as well and am needing a trans for a fe swap I am doing in my 64 Fairlane. Let me know where and how much, might be interested. Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Ford Didn't put the FMX in a Pickup behind a 390. Teh FMX is a medium duty trans, and the SBF trucks got the C-4. The BBF trucks got the C-6 from all the vehicles I've ever seen all original that is.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Ford Didn't put the FMX in a Pickup behind a 390. Teh FMX is a medium duty trans, and the SBF trucks got the C-4. The BBF trucks got the C-6 from all the vehicles I've ever seen all original that is.
Just for your knowledge... I bought a 76 F100 that came with a 302 and FMX transmission.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts