Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gona remove the 390 in this truck and take rest to scrap yard for a old friend in need of some money to fix his house sheetrock. Instead I gave him 300 for this truck and gona fix his house for free. The truck would not of brought enough to fix house plus finding someone to do work. I told him I would fix house for free anyway forget the truck. He would not do that but I convenced him anyway ...and take 300.

Truck has a 30 over bore, holley carb, headers, cherry muflers, sound body to good to scrape. I think I will fix it up. We crancked it , what I wanted to hear before removing motor. Must have some wild cam and it rebbed like someone spent some money on motor at one time. I know they used to run it at drag strip. He said best they got out of it with slicks was a 9.21. in 8th, Still worth fixing .It is a 1974 shortbed

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The truck is a 74. I ran the motor after streight wiring it , ran for 30 mins. All ran well, had to place another carb , one on it was running too bad and leaking. I done pulled the motor and truck is done scraped. Have to go back and look at motor again to see. Got it wrapped up now, been too busy .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts