Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. Haven't posted in awhile. My 67 Galaxie has a 67 S-Code intake on it with a 67 Mustang GT 390 air cleaner (non-california emissions). I was wondering if anybody has any insight as to why the part/casting number on the intake has no "9". Next to the large S it reads C6AE 425 G. Everything I've read has a "9425" I looked really closely at the casting and it hasn't been ground off. It's just not there. Was it a casting error or fluke? Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Probably just a bad casting around the number. I have seen other cast parts that are missing just one number and some that are missing two numbers in a row.

·
Administrator
21,922 Posts
You are saying S code as it has a big S on the intake? If that is the case, i believe that is found on Tbird intakes. Not positive though but mine has an S. Used to have the chrome topped 350gt stang air cleaner housing, '67 no snorkel just screens. I sold it several years ago. Don't remember the other numbers though, would have to look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you everybody for your input. I figured it was just an error in the casting/mold. The intake is a 4V. I believe it may be '67 mustang, because of the air cleaner assembly, and the pcv system. It has the front and rear fittings with the tube along the the right valve cover that attached to both fittings (threaded into front fitting and short hose to rear fitting). Hose at middle of tube attaches to pcv valve in right valve cover. The air cleaner is the way ShotRod64 described it. Chrome lid, and base with two screens. No fittings or snorkel in base. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.