Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 68 Galaxie 2 door with a 390. Both my manifolds are cracked in several spots and need to be replaced. What other cars use the same manifolds, I believe thunderbird manifolds work. I did find a set of headers but they came off a truck, do you think they will work? I was considering the headers because they were cheap.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you are interested I have two cast iron manifolds laying around that came off a 68 galaxie convertible. #s are c8ae-9430-a and c8ae-9431-b. I have no need for them and would let them go cheap, as for the headers you have, im not sure that truck headers would work, they drop down far to clear stuff and may wrap around stuff different than ones made for galaxie, headers are good if you need to open the exhaust up and let it breathe as ford had trouble with exhaust side to begin with, if you are looking to stay stock or original, manifolds have the look and rarely leak unlike headers,...just let me know if you are interested mine are taking up space in my garage!

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
FMJ is correct,the right manifold from a truck won't fit a Galaxie. FMH are yours 2" exits like mine or is 1968 when they widened them up?

·
Registered
219 Posts
you have to get galaxie specific exhaust manifold if you want to stay stock. The other applications dump out in different spot. The driver side, seems I recall, you can use any applications. If you can find pix on internet you'lll see the different angles involved.

·
Registered
219 Posts
sorry poor post, meant to type it is the passenger side that dumps at certain angle, you want to hunt galaxie pass side manifold if you want to stay stock, the truck one would like direct your exhaust straight into firewall on pass side (if I recall, beeen a year since I fought this).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts