Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350-2105PK <-- part number I have that kit without the intake and a 4.250 crank my dad was told by the seller that the intake was made more for pulling in trucks but I cant find another intake for my street galaxie I just wanna light the tires up for couple seconds and be done mostly itll get driven to car shows and parades( fe engines are known more for torque then hp I thought anyway) I'm putting it into a 64 galaxie was they right or should I buy the intake to go with it also how much hp am I about to at my heads are stock as well

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you have the Performer Plus cam and lifters, the carburetor, but don't have the intake?

If that is true, then it will be a very mild 445 (390 with a 4.25 crank) but it will run nice, certainly make a ton of torque. The only issue is that cam will limit you to about 9-9.25:1 compression.

Depending on the heads you have, that engine with the right intake manifold and headers, will likely outpower a stock 428 CJ. However that's where we get to the intake. An Edelbrock Performer RPM, Street Dominator or Holley Streetmaster intake all will do OK, the intake that came in the kit is really not even great for towing on an FE. It's a cork. It's better on other engine families, but even though you are building a torquey FE, an RPM or the others would be better.

I'd also like to see a 750 carb, but the 600 will drive nicely, just down at the peaks.

As far as horsepower, hard to tell, depends on so many things, but I would say with an RPM intake, good headers, 390-400 HP, maybe 10-15 more with a 750. The intake in the kit, 350-360 tops.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts