Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
350-2105PK <-- part number I have that kit without the intake and a 4.250 crank my dad was told by the seller that the intake was made more for pulling in trucks but I cant find another intake for my street galaxie I just wanna light the tires up for couple seconds and be done mostly itll get driven to car shows and parades( fe engines are known more for torque then hp I thought anyway) I'm putting it into a 64 galaxie was they right or should I buy the intake to go with it also how much hp am I about to at my heads are stock as well

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you have the Performer Plus cam and lifters, the carburetor, but don't have the intake?

If that is true, then it will be a very mild 445 (390 with a 4.25 crank) but it will run nice, certainly make a ton of torque. The only issue is that cam will limit you to about 9-9.25:1 compression.

Depending on the heads you have, that engine with the right intake manifold and headers, will likely outpower a stock 428 CJ. However that's where we get to the intake. An Edelbrock Performer RPM, Street Dominator or Holley Streetmaster intake all will do OK, the intake that came in the kit is really not even great for towing on an FE. It's a cork. It's better on other engine families, but even though you are building a torquey FE, an RPM or the others would be better.

I'd also like to see a 750 carb, but the 600 will drive nicely, just down at the peaks.

As far as horsepower, hard to tell, depends on so many things, but I would say with an RPM intake, good headers, 390-400 HP, maybe 10-15 more with a 750. The intake in the kit, 350-360 tops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blue Thunder 428 CJ 4V HP Intake
Description:Also designed for all 427 Low Riser Heads and all Tall Port 352, 390 and 406 Heads. New
Examples:
C0AE, EDC, C1AE, C2SE(A, B & C), C3AE-C, C4AE-C(J & H), C6AE-R ETC. All with Tall(2.2") Intake port.

As pictured, WITH HEAT SINK, $695.00.

Available WITHOUT HEAT @ $670.00.

Comes with Oil Filler Tube, washers and accessories(2 special bolts).
Price:$695.00 / ea

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, there are few guys that can chime in but I can certainly tell you that for your combo (based on your profile pic) you need to install the performer rpm manifold or the blue thunder (not a ton of difference for your small cam, other than cost). A street master or street dominator would give you roughy 5-15 more peak hp but about 500-700 rpm over where the dual planes are. The average peak torque and hp will be much better for you with the rpm manifold. If you intended to drag race only and you were in a lighter weight car had a stick or big stall converter, then the lower average torque and hp would be ok as it would give your tire a better chance of traction. But that sled in your pictures doesn't really have that problem unless you have some 6.00 gears in the back and fiberglass everything. With that package (depending on compression, head numbers and a plethora of other things) you will probably be in the 400 hp range with the rpm manifold. Torque will likely be between 450 and 500 (cubic inches help alot). With a worked street dominator or street master and your current carb, you would be down around 20 lb/ft of torque with no hp gain as the carb would be to limited to support anything. With a little larger carb you could be around 425. Don't go with the performer as they are just to restrictive. An rpm will match up better with your heads and support your cubes much better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts