Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i have a 67 galaxie 4dr i bought as a cruiser. car sat for a long time, but seemed to run well when i bought it. got it home and it started to rattle at around 2800 to 3000 rpm. sounds to me like a wristpin or skirt issue.
i have a good 302/c6 combo i would like to switch to, how many mods are required in regard to engine/tranny mounting to get it done.
aware of the obvious exhaust changes, lee.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I'm assuming that your title is 390 to 302? That year Galaxie could be had with a 289 so the 302 swap should be easy with correct mounts, etc. Keep in mind it's not gonna get up and go with a small block like that 390. These big cars like torque to get them moving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, hit the wrong key. thanks for the reply hooch. i had a 68 galaxie fastback when i was a punk, with a 302.
i drove the you know what out that car, and still averaged 16mpg. when i drove like i do most of the time now, 18 was an average.
the sole purpose for this car is highway cruising with wife or the boys to gun show or shoot etc.
was also thinking of putting an aod behind, any one with firsts hand experience with this combo?
i have a 2v windsor in a 66 fairlaine i could build as well, may be a better way to go with the aod. lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts