Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do u guys think is a better investment. On trick flows website with a 393, trick flow r series heads, hyd roller cam they were able to pull a little over 500hp out of a 393. Would a 408 have even that much more available torque? I would like to build a 10:1 motor so that i can still street drive the crap out of it on the weekends down for a the local cruize but with a 150 shot hopefully run 10s in my 67 stang. I noticed mike N20 is doing so with a 302
I appreciate all comments and any other information that i could be overlooking. Thanx again

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
I don't know the specific numbers, but all things being equal the larger displacement engine should make more torque. With the extra torque you could get away with a more mild cam for the sake of streetability.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not really all that worried about the streetability of the camshaft. Looking at something around 240 degrees. Im going to be running a solid roller camshaft. Just thinking of maybe only going 10:1 instead of 12:1 so that i can run pump gas in it and cruise it up and down the local strip on the weekends and to IN N OUT and such. Would increasing compression to 12:1 increase hp a considerable amount. I figure with high comp. Though i can run more duration, higher rpms i with the same lower end torque and punch more gas in the motor. Am I on the right track with all of this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
For each point of C.R. you go up or down,,,you gain or loose 4%......Example::If you had 500hp with a 10:1 C.R. and you increase C.R. to 11:1 the motor would produce 520hp,,, with enough octane that is...Russ...

·
Registered
249 Posts
I went with the 408 EAGLE ESP kit. B.B.& T. Racing sells it for 1850.00 w/ TFS optional JE pistons. They were by far the cheapest.
$1750.00 for standard piston setup. I wanted the most cubes without sacrificing the longevity of the motor. I'm shooting for a 10.5 to 1 motor to make 600+ on pumpgas. The TFS"R" heads should do the trick but I've gone and added a solid Lunati Roller to insure that we're going to make it.
I know I know I've got my work cut out but hell I'm building it now and building it fast........
The 393 is alot cheaper to build and plus your using stock type rods. The ESP kit comes with nice H beams. Plus with me being in Louisiana, UPS delivers there stuff in 1 DAY with normal ground.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PONY1 on 5/11/02 8:05am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Is there a website for "Eagle"? I've tried to find them on the net but haven't been able to. Please post the URL here if they have a site, would like to check out their kits too. Thanks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Eagel used to have a website. I think they pulled it as they no longer sell direct to the public. Only to distributors.

Here is the only info I have on them. I did call once a couple of years back with a tech question about which bearings to use and they were helpful.

EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS, INC.
3075 Norbrook Dr.
Memphis, TN 38116
Phone (901) 345-5886
Fax (901) 345-0994

Later,

David Cole

1 - 9 of 9 Posts