Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built a 393 with the 3.85 crank that has SBC rod journal size? Seems that with the smaller rod pin and H beam type rods no clearancing would be needed.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You'll spend more time adapting chebbie parts for your Ford than grinding a few spots on your Ford block.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I'm going to do that same thing with a 6.2 rod from carrillo and a 2.1 big end but its real hard to find a good crank with the chevy size in a 3.85. I had a 4 inch stroke crank with the same rod in a block and it didnt need any clearencing either. Trouble was the pistons were to tall so i sold the 4 inch crank. Im looking for a 4340 steel crank now. C.a.t. lists one now but there not making it yet. With world products coming out the blocks would like to get one with a 2.75 main or one with an o2 main could realy spin that one with a stroker.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the responses

flatlander sells the 3.85 crank with SBC rod jounals. They also sell them in stroker kit form too. But I dont see one with TW piston option.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey just call and tell them what piston you want and they will fix you up... I just ordered mine should be here around late Jan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts