Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen Shotrod64 telling about this gathering, but could not find anything about it are a web site to go too. Can someone let me know about it. In Texas it's Chevy country and to find a all ford show is allmost impossiable.

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
At the top of each forum is a sticky link to the garage section and that's where you can find more info and see what's going on.

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/gar...th-3rd-annual-fm-bbq-bash-july-14-2012-a.html

Ya never know FE, he might be in the mood for a long road trip! Forgot how long it took from Ft Hood to Eugene non-stop swapping drivers now. Seems like it was 40 hrs or something but that was when the speed limit was 55 and we hardly ever went over that speed. So a few more miles and higher speed limit, could be here in no time!! :) Longest part is getting out of TX!

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
A reminder to everyone that this is NOT a show of any sort, but a get-together of good folks that enjoy cars. It's the FM BBQ - not the FM car show. You're not required to bring a show car or any car, let alone a Ford (though that is encouraged). Bring yourself. Like right here on the forums, sharing stories, info, BS, food and fun - just in-person. It's the time you'd like to take at the racetrack, but you're always too busy for it. It's a people thing more than a car thing, and since we have the best folks on the 'net, we have a good time. Well, until we go to the local saloon and FE starts-up with the karaoke and we can't hear to talk anymore...
:D
David

PS: FE is a talented karaoke singer - just don't tell him I said so.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yea it is in Fe's back yard and we are on the other side of this planet. :cry: And I got a big pig I cannot bbq and take, donot know what to do with this pinapple cake that will go bad. It is not right I tell you , not right at all.... :cry:

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
Can't be giving any more reason for head swelling anymore than it is already right?!

I think no matter where we were located it would be too far for many! Too bad we didn't have a wormhole or stargate! :)

A reminder to everyone that this is NOT a show of any sort, but a get-together of good folks that enjoy cars. It's the FM BBQ - not the FM car show. You're not required to bring a show car or any car, let alone a Ford (though that is encouraged). Bring yourself. Like right here on the forums, sharing stories, info, BS, food and fun - just in-person. It's the time you'd like to take at the racetrack, but you're always too busy for it. It's a people thing more than a car thing, and since we have the best folks on the 'net, we have a good time. Well, until we go to the local saloon and FE starts-up with the karaoke and we can't hear to talk anymore...
:D
David

PS: FE is a talented karaoke singer - just don't tell him I said so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wait, this is going to be in WA?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I hear ya. Nothing better that I would like than to go . Wife and I just got back from 2 weeks out that way, my first time going. Pretty country . No trees on those mts, nuttin but rocks.It take me over 2 days to drive way out there.
Place a pig on a grill after you inject him with your favorite sauce and cook it with vinegar soaked peach wood , keep him sprayed down with apple juice and rubbed down with butter. You can wrap up a ham and send over night. I will be waiting on it. :)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
And get some of them pacific shrimp and place them on a bisquit tray in a line. Cut strips of bacon and place on top of each. Cook till bacon done and drain the grease off. Cut strips of hoop cheese and place on top, put back in oven till cheese melts. Get it out and dip them in sea food sauce and butter. I will be exspecting around 20 or so in tin foil as well.

·
Premium Member
34,853 Posts
I hear ya. Nothing better that I would like than to go . Wife and I just got back from 2 weeks out that way, my first time going. Pretty country . No trees on those mts, nuttin but rocks.It take me over 2 days to drive way out there.
Place a pig on a grill after you inject him with your favorite sauce and cook it with vinegar soaked peach wood , keep him sprayed down with apple juice and rubbed down with butter. You can wrap up a ham and send over night. I will be waiting on it. :)
What the hell you talking about? There ain't NOTHING but trees from Western Utah clear through to the coast. Trees bigger than anything the wimpy east coast has to offer. What road were you on to miss the coolest part of this area?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If you saw nothin but rocks you was in IDAHO far too long! LOL Everywhere else has more trees that you can shake a stick at.
I said out that way, maynot been your way however. We flew in to vegas airport. Nuttin but rock mts. Went to nascar race, No grass or trees, saw 2 birds. Drove to palm springs , stayed over night to meet a man there that sells blue thunder heads. Went through desert , cactus and tumbleweeds to hover dam, then to grand canyon. Came back and stayed on the strip 4 days, got back on plane . To palm springs is where I saw and asked you about them dinos and forty million wind mills.

·
Administrator
21,683 Posts
So true! Lots of desert there!! Here ya can't see past the next durn tree and it is heck when you want to see what someone has in the back yard!! lol I miss seeing for miles! Of course eastern WA and OR are desert like also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts