Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with a fuel tank for this 1960 Starliner we are doing? Can I use the stock 60 tank with an external inline fuel pump and still maintain the same pressure that I would if we used the stock tank and pump from the 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII? What type of fuel line configuration would we have to use?

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
You should be able to buy any number of high pressure fuel pumps. If you beleive the adverts, AeroMotive has an EFI fuel pump (or kit) that can support pressures and volumes way past where you'er going.

How to route the fuel lines depends on whether you want to cover new ground or duplicate the factory setup. Some engines had the return style, other had return-less. The difference is needing to run one fuel line or two (1 fuel the other return, for any fuel bypassed by the engine).

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
94 Mark VIII has a return system IIRC so just run 2 lines the returnless system sucks for retrofits like you are doing do you have the motor in yet? I have 2 of those motors and want to know the motor mount/oil pan issues

1 - 3 of 3 Posts