Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall I was looking into it and found a website that sold stroker 5.0l short blocks but I have been looking like crazy and can't seem to find it again. I just remember they sold fully built short blocks one rated at 1100hp for like $3800 and one rated for 1300hp for like $4200. Does anyone know what website I'm talking about? I know its a shot in the dark but I can't seem to find it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find a shop in the entire world that can build a small block Ford that can handle 1100 to 1300 HP for those prices. The biggest stroker you can build from a 5.0 (302) is 347 c.i. To get 1,300 HP from one would take 2 or 3 times that amount of money and a very stout block and bottom end. My understanding is that the production Ford blocks start splitting in half over 600 HP.

John

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
The OP is referring to the 4.6 not the 302 5.0.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
I don't know who that was, but DSS for one has 4.6/5.0 and 4.6/5.3 strokers with all forged guts in standard and Boss blocks for about that.

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.