Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
That depends on what engine it was originally behind - 2.3L I4, 2.3 Turbo, 3.8L V6 or 5.0L V8. The trans will physically bolt behind a lot of engines, but the bellhousing is a different story. The bell iwll either fit the 2.0L and 2.3L I4, or it will fit V6 and V8 engines with the small block pattern - no 170 or 200ci engines. If you don't know the original engine, then a trans tag may help.

David

PS: If the pic is of your trans and bell, then it appears to be from a 2.3L I4.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! My trans and bell is just like the picture. I don't guess it is much more than scrap then if it is 4cyl trans. I thought I might give it to a Mistake (Mustang) guy to replace a three speed if it would fit as I have nothing in the trans and don't want it in the way.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
It will fit any after 1965 200 250 block.
Gary - it's a 2.3L bellhousing. But for the trans, sure, and a bunch of others. In-fact, it's actually a good one for light lower-powered cars like I6 falcons, where it makes first gear deeper for better acceleration and good cruise without changing the rear gear. Just a different angle on 'overdrive', with a deeper 1st and 2nd gear with high rear axle gears, instead of deep axle gears and OD.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts