Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bolted a set of the 165 AFR heads on my engine. It is basically the same setup as the engine in the article down to the 1.7 rockers. The only difference is me running a roots blower at 6 psi and a 700 cfm double pumper. Would anyone know what kind of horsepower and torque I am making. Thanks for any input, Mike

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'de say..enough to get the job done.

On a specific number, not sure but someone around here with more knowledge than I have should chime in eventually.

Didn't remember much from article, what are the specs??

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine is basically a stock '89 shortblock w/ the stock cam. I put 1.7 roller rockers that changed the lift to .473. Intake duration is 276 degrees @ .006-inch lift and exhaust is 266 degrees @ .006 -inch lift. Lobe separation is 115.5 degrees. The heads are AFR 165's and the supercharger is a 144 B&M w/ a 700 cfm double pumper. I have a crane HI-6 ignition system and timing boost retard. This runs thru a set of Shelby tri-y headers into a 2 1/2" exhaust w/ Dynomax Super Turbos w/ an x-pipe. Timing is 34 degrees total. The compression is just under 9:1 w/ a little thicker head gasket that I used. The car pulls like a bullet and was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of HP/Tq I am making. Thanks, Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts