Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im trying to build a 400hp 302 just like they did on this website. Except im trying to keep it a little more streetable. Ive got a Victor Jr. intake but im not sure if that is what i want. Should i use the Air-Gap instead? Im going to drive this everyday and i want this engine to be reliable. im 17 with a 67 mustang so this car will be driven hard and will see its share of quarter mile runs. What does everyone think? any hints. so far for the engine i have a 69 302 block and crank. 9:9:1 KB pistons. Eagle I-Beam rods. a vitor jr intake. Can i keep the intake and maintain streetability? thanks ryan

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Well in all honesty, I would not go with the vic jr if you want a fun street car. I'd recommend the Weiand Stealth. THe RPM or Air Gap, in my experience are good intakes, but the Stealth has a slight edge - about 500 more usable upper rpm. Plus its cheaper.

You may give up a little peak HP, but the STealth will make more avg power and be great to drive on the street as it will make torque nearly 1500 rpms below the Vic jr, assuming your looking at cams in the 230+ duration range.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree, get a Stealth or Edelbrock RPM and
some good heads, alum would be nice, good cam
and longtube headers and your there. I drive one like this almost every day.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on cam yet. Im going to be running the Word Castings for heads. the Windsor Sr....well the new Roush 200's or whatever. Cast iron though. Im really not too sure about everything. The builder wants to do it his way...but doesnt want to tell me what he wants so i can buy it and give it to him because i know hes gonna charge more for the stuff. ill go talk to him this week and maybe i can tell him whats up. thanks for the advice, ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts