Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum and SBFs in general. I've got an otch to build up a cobra replica and want to start with a power plant. I"ve build up old air cooled VWs and worked on all my cars, but I'm new to SBFs. I've read up and fel confident in my ability to build up the engine but would like to get some suggestions as to components and design.

I want to build a torky street engine. No need for high RPMs, as I wont be racing. I'd like to be in around 500 HP with usable torque in the lower band, as it will be a street machine.

I'm on the fence with new versus old block. I may need to go new (DART) as my state is a bitch to get things through state inspection with kit cars...

I'm interested in a forged rotating assembly, probably AFR195 for heads, hydraulic cam/lifters custom ground, and to make things even more complicated (and expensive) I'd like to go EFI.

All this said, if it were your hands, and your wallet, what would you sugest for my build?

Again, please be easy on me as I'm new to this.

Thanks!

Bryan

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I will say what is the budget going to be? That will be the determining factor....

MRO.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I failed to mention budget.

I'd like to keep things "affordable", as in I don't wnat to blow the bank but also understand that it will cost to build an engine of this size with good quality parts. Lets start with about 7-8K understanding that if I come in under budget I'm psyched but if I need to stretch a bit for reliability and quality Im not gonna have a meltdown.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum as well as engine building but i'd like some insight into building a reliable stroker motor with hopefully close to 550 ft/lbs of torque.
i have an '84 block, that is bored 40 over. CHP rotating assembly PRO STREET Engine Kit - Ford 408W Flat Top -4.0cc
The car is a 67 galaxie 500 with 47000 miles on it and will see the track a few times a year just to play with. I will be building a c6 with 3.73 or 4.10 rear end and running a 15 inch tire.
My question is what is the best head cam intake combo for my motor?
I realize you have to pay to play so I'm not overly concerned with budget

1 - 4 of 4 Posts