Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for some advice, I am planning to build a new motor and am not sure if I want to do a 363 or a 408. I currently have a 306 that will be donating heads to this new motor. The heads are Vic Jr. that flow 321 @.700 and have a 230 runner and 60 cc chambers. I am looking to build a pump gas motor and I am not afraid of RPM. My goal is to get somewhere between 550 and 600. I will be using the best of parts, the only limiting factor will be the heads, buying a set of AFR's and porting is not in my budget. Another thought I had was running a 4.125 bore and getting more ci., but I am not sure what those heads can support. Please give me your thoughts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Is this a race motor or street bruiser?..The big bore 363s can make some serious power but at a higher rpm obviously than a 408...Never heard of a big bore 408 so no advice there except the 408 is a great package in a stock block with 4 inch bore...Most people go much bigger if they have the big bore block and want more cubes than a 363...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The big bore wouldnt be a 408, it would be a 427, i want the most ci i can get, i just dont know what my head flow can support

1 - 5 of 5 Posts