Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody see the july issue of mustang and fords they built a 418 stroker nice package,my 408 was built a little on the low side as far cam and heads,mine is 218 228, 536 on both, sr heads cncd,stealth 750 vs demon.1\3\4 hookers, although my car is far from slow, its a good street car, but i'm looking into diff heads this winter, and cam maybe a vic jr, with a little more stall, like that 500 hp they got, sorry 549, wow that could be on my list, this coming winter, anyway what heads do you guys like for these strokers, i see a lot of posts with A F R's which one would be good for my 408w and cam, how about carb bigger maybe HP series, manifold,like to get some ideas before i spend some more money on my 69mach. thanks again. ps would diff heads match up to my super comp hookers.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I"m biased all to hell. I"d go minimum with AFR 205's.

I"m sure Chilly460 will go with AFR's? (he might be a bit biased as well)........

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thinking of fully port the sr heads, change cam,stick with the stealth,for street,maybe that would pump up the oats on my 408,like that 500 HP,what do you guys think,or should i go with alum sr heads with full port job, that way the headers will line up, dont need more problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts