Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 410 in a 66 galaxie. I think the exhaust manifolds are cracked and I would like headers, but the only ones I can find on Summitracing are the hooker super comps and I don't need anything that big or expensive. I'm looking for something in the $200 range that is shorter and easier to install. Also, a 410 is just a 390 with a 428 crank right?

thanks
Austin

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
First...you ain't gonna find any headers for a Galaxie for $200. Only popular, high volume, price leader headers go for those prices. Even used they go for more than that. Raise your budget to around $500 for new or $300 for great condition used.

There are headers in Tri-Y or Shorty configurations, they still cost close to $500 (~ $450 - $470+ accesories). They are easier to fit, give better under car clearence, but are not much cheaper.

Yes a 410 is basically a 390 with a 428 crank and different pin height pistons.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I have been looking since I posted and I can't believe what I'm finding. I'm used to 460 and small block prices. PFA has some good shorties, but they are proud of them too.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Once you invest in your FPAs you'll be extremely happy. Until then you'll never know... I'm only buying FPAs in the future and sold my existing headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts