Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
It might need a spacer to make room for the linkage to clear, maybe someone with a 4100 on an original intake could take a look.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A leak in my spacer caused coolant to enter my motor and grenade my engine...grrrrr.... I am having my spacer's coolant passages blocked for now until I can find a replacement. I would like to have the spacer to keep it original.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It might need a spacer to make room for the linkage to clear, maybe someone with a 4100 on an original intake could take a look.
Yep, I've got a 4100 on a factory '66 four barrel intake and the linkage won't clear without a spacer. Make sure you compare the surface area on the top of the intake manifold to any spacer you might get, it can be a headache finding one that doesn't allow for leaks. Especially if you want the vacuum line on the rear.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
I replaced my stock one with a phenolic/plastic. Used 1" I think it is, because the original is about an inch. My gas was percolating with the original when living in the desert and then found it was warped also. Keep an eye on ebay i see the originals on there quite often.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
A leak in my spacer caused coolant to enter my motor and grenade my engine...grrrrr.... I am having my spacer's coolant passages blocked for now until I can find a replacement. I would like to have the spacer to keep it original.

In Virginia you can probably keep the water passage blocked. Water flowing from the intake was to prevent carburetor icing.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
i got a longer heater hose and hooked it up at the front and bypassed the carb spacer after changing to a dif type. If i lived in alaska or something it might be an issue but even freezing temps here or in the teens in CA i didn't have any probs without the water going through it but fully understand the keeping it original. I'd like to have mine back the way it was but not going to mess with it other than to put the aluminum one on there that has a pcv outlet. The one on there now doesn't.

My original spacer was shaped like a wedge of cheese.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.