Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANyone looking for 427 block check this out

427 ford

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
Yeah, those price days are over. At the Portland swap meet (I have a blast at that meet!), I looked at dozens of blocks, and 4 were 427s. Two side oilers and two center. One SO was $1600 OBO with .010 over and two sleeves. The other guy thought it was 2006 again and was asking $2750. LOL It was a nice clean unsleeved block though. The COs were $1100 or $2000 for the pair. Worn stock bores and no sleeves. :tup: I passed on those, but grabbed a nice fluxed and machined .020 'C' 428 CJ block for $550. BTW, I passed the '27s as there are two complete and running 427 marine center oiler cores near here at $5000 for the pair (well, they have been for sale for a couple years last I looked), so that wasn't such a good deal. But, $6500 for a pair of bare blocks? Damn. I wonder where people get their prices. Or who the hell is paying that much - I want to know them! LOL Thanks for the heads-up though. You never know when someone might need something or if it's special somehow.

David

PS: Another lead for someone with ambition is a 427 on an irrigation pump in Florida I found last year. It was running and keyed off 5 years earlier (6 now) and just sitting there, but things rust fast in FL, so it was seized and mostly rust color on the outside, but under it's own rickety 4x4 roof. They wanted $800 to take it away, and I figure at worst it's 8 sleeves if somebody is willing to go that deep. I'm not, with today's recession prices it just isn't worth it to break even. There was a second setup there, but was an IH industrial engine. I can pass info if somebody is really interested to see if it's still there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Those blocks are marine motors and most one can use is blocks alone. Most are side oilers that never have been drilled and that cost is alot. A good 390 bored would probably be cheeper. When a person sees 66-427 on those blocks in the rear they think MONEY. I got a couple sitting from boats that was found at the docks years ago.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I just picked up a complete disassembled 427 boat engine for 1k. 1 cylinder might need a sleeve. The rest is in great shape. Came with factory adjustable rockers as its a solid lifter engine and a Mallory dual point distributor. I thought it was worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts