Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

decided to go with a 427 stroker for my 351w (74 block). Ive found 2 kit suppliers CHP and stage 3 motorsports (I believe its probe stuff they supply).

Im looking for any other suppliers and really ease of installation and purchase as Im over in the UK it needs to be correct on the first order.

First of all which suppier would you lot go for?

Secondly Im planning on using a retro fit hydraulic roller cam (the one with the spider in the valley) and Ive seen some mention of kits that say they need a small base circle cam, now call me stupid but Im not too sure what that is and if its compatible with a retro fit cam?

any help/comment greatfully received..

ben

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't see any 427 strokers listed on their website, but cnc-motorsports seems a well respected vendor. They've got plenty of 351w rotating assemblies, so you might want to give them a call anyway.
I'm overseas as well and just ordered a 347 balanced rotating assembly for my stroker project from them.

If you want to go with a hydraulic roller cam it's a good idea to get a set of Crane linked roller lifters. They're quite expensive, but allow you to use regular hydraulic roller cams. The choice in reduced base circle cams is limited and because of their reduced base the lobes can't be as agressive as regular hydraulic rollers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tminus3 on 7/6/06 7:43pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Brian at www.adperformance.com is the only one I would buy from.

Aside from the fact that his knowledge, pricing and customer service is excellent........His recent participation in the Engine Masters shows his expertise as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts