Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I have a 428cj with a adual carb setup. I am running 2 4150 holleys. I am down to purchasing a distributor. I can find one that the bowl won't hit the front of my carb. I have tried a mallory 5505301 and MSD models 8594 and 8595. None of the 3 worked. Any suggestions? I don't want to switch to a single carb intake..

·
Registered
419 Posts
What intake do you have? I assume you mean 4160 carbs, as 4150s won't fit on any Ford intakes except for the factory High Riser, then the carbs sit above the cap anyways.

If the bowl is hitting with your 4160, then you have the carbs turned around backwards. The primary should be to the rear of the car, with the linkage and fuel inlets on the passanger side. The linkage is conrolled by a bellcrank that passes between the 2 carbs.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
That is the Body or Case or Housing of the distributor, not a bowl. This is a droid post anyway....
It's commonly referred to as bowl FE.

It holds all of the electricity to keep it from leaking out onto the ground... :frown:

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Typically FE carbs are mounted backwards on a dual quad intake, did you mount yours forward facing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts