Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
429 Cobra Jet Engine with rebuilt Super Cobra Jet Heads aluminum lifters ect.

My father passed away. Rebuilt 429 CJ engine. 4 speed toploader. Aluminum rockers ect. This was a very strong engine. Nice set of Super Cobra Jet heads on this motor with extra set of rebuilt Dove-A Heads. Minus Intake and carb. $3500

304-778-2667

Attachments

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Know where the engine is would play a big part in offers. Just sayin'.

David

·
Registered
10,338 Posts
Don't take offense - FE does that on every sales thread for fun. But what it's doing is bumping your ad to the top again. I'm sure someone will be interested in your combo for the big-shaft (?) Toploader also. Is there an I.D. tag on the trans to indicate which version it is?

David

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I may be intrested. I buy alot , some I keep, others I turn over. Depends on what your asking price is. I need to know where you live. I donot mind driving say 10 hours. I got alot on my plate at this time. Sorry about your dad, lost my mom last year.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Re: 429 Cobra Jet Engine With rebuilt Super Cobra Jet heads

No comment
you pass on $37 , means you have a bottom line price .

why waste time price your parts

no price most of the time means seller is askingv way to much

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Your History?

History = My Dad loved Fords. Before Vietnam he had two mustangs. A Brand new 71 429 CJ, and a 1969 Mach 1. He collected these cars all our lives. He also gave me two barns filled with motors, trannys, parts, cars, trucks ect after his long battle with Brain cancer and mutiple myoma which is a cancer of the blood. Its hard even going through this stuff. The other day, was the first day in 30 years a 1965 4x4 3/4 ton stepside pickup seen the light of day. It has a Cobra Jet engine, this one is stamped 428, I am taking a wild guess it goes to the car in the other barn. When he bought "THAT CAR" we were at Air force base where the F-117 Debute to the world, while there dad bought another mustang a General had in storage for 25 years before that, but thats is another story. This is besides another 69 Mach 1 that I am thinking of restoring and in the pictures. We both was in the service. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I seen a shelby, cheap, easy to get, and in good shape....That I just couldnt get my hands on during duty.....Thats my history

·
Registered
688 Posts
History = My Dad loved Fords. Before Vietnam he had two mustangs. A Brand new 71 429 CJ, and a 1969 Mach 1. He collected these cars all our lives. He also gave me two barns filled with motors, trannys, parts, cars, trucks ect after his long battle with Brain cancer and mutiple myoma which is a cancer of the blood. Its hard even going through this stuff. The other day, was the first day in 30 years a 1965 4x4 3/4 ton stepside pickup seen the light of day. It has a Cobra Jet engine, this one is stamped 428, I am taking a wild guess it goes to the car in the other barn. When he bought "THAT CAR" we were at Air force base where the F-117 Debute to the world, while there dad bought another mustang a General had in storage for 25 years before that, but thats is another story. This is besides another 69 Mach 1 that I am thinking of restoring and in the pictures. We both was in the service. I wish I had a dollar for everytime I seen a shelby, cheap, easy to get, and in good shape....That I just couldnt get my hands on during duty.....Thats my history
Cool But how dose that make it a beter deal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
X2. I am not saying it's a bad deal, but your sentimental value means nothing to a buyer. It's tough to swallow, but it is true as I am sure you will find out.
I was asked...I replied...its in the posts. These investigative responces and questioning would be tough to swallow for anybody selling anything on here

·
Registered
688 Posts
I guess that depends on you

It would only add value if I knew your Ol man Who I assume was a great guy. Or if your Ol man had a History with famous fords Like Shelby, Holman Moody, Roush, Ect Any way I am not trying to bust your balls I just get tired of people joining forums just to sell something so when you said "Not alot considering what you get and my history." I thought maybe I
missed something but I guess not so I will back out.

I was asked...I replied...its in the posts. These investigative responces and questioning would be tough to swallow for anybody selling anything on here
If you had not just joined to sell your stuff and had a History on the site you probably would not be getting "These investigative responces and questioning" and you are selling something on the net so you have to prove your trustworthy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
double post
Cant put a price on history. Never know, It just happens right. Ford is the Hero in here anyway. Yes I got to meet old Ford engineering guys. Another good point, I lived at a place for 14 years one time, there was a guy down the road who had one of the largest collection of mustangs in Ohio, including many shelbys, its all out there, not in here. Anyway, why would I sell my stuff to people that dont want it? Liking, and trading stories, parts and Fords should be the only reason this site exsists. The more exsclusive this site is, the less chance there is to finding those things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.