Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a reasonable price to pay for a complete, rebuildable, total original, 1969 429 Thunderjet Engine?
Thanks and Please reply ASAP as I have the opp. to buy one and want to know what I should pay.
Thanks!!!
Matt

·
Registered
522 Posts
$200-300 sounds like a good number. If it is in a donor unit and running it is worth $400-500. There were many thousands of these engines built and they don't bring big bucks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is totaly complete, with factory A/C. I was quoted 250.00 for it, for everything.
Good Deal?

·
Registered
143 Posts
with all accessories i would buy it. i was saying 200 for engine sans accessories. just curious, what are you going to shoehorn this Powerplant into?

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Definitely jump on it for that price and being complete with accessory brackets and pulleys. I missed out myself on a '69 T-Bird here but my friend snatched it up for $200 running and driving for his '89 Mustang. Solid and straight New Mexico desert car with good C-6. That lucky bastard!(JunkYardDog)

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I think I already answered this same question on the network 54 385 series forum. Was that you on there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts