Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im building a healthy 347 stroker and I recently bought a '79 case fill C4 in need of a rebuild that I want to put behind the 347. The 347 & C4 will go in a street only '67 Mustang, so I want to retain some comfort at cruise speed if possible.

What kit/parts do you recommend I use for this rebuild? There's so many master/super rebuild kits and shift kits on eBay etc that I do't know what to choose.

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
I built one a little while ago for a friend ,same engine and car and street use.. A good basic build up,an extra clutch (5 total) in the high/reverse,transgo 40-2 shift kit..He loves it.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Oops - I ment direct. Thanks for catching that. Ordering parts myself, both from Broader and Bulk.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I'm with Gregaust. Just a good basic rebuild with five clutches in both packs. The TransGo -2 shift kits are all you really need for the street and up to about 450 HP. I don't even use any of the "high tech" friction surfaces unless the customer wants it. I do, as part of every standard rebuild, increase flow through the cooling circuit, increase the rear oiling and supply positive oiling to the #9 thrust washer. No, it's not necessary for most street machines but I have the reamers and jigs to do it quickly and easily so I do it. If my customer ever wants to upgrade to a 600HP engine everything is there except the clutch packs, servo, and valve body.
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts