Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need any info, advise or how too's on putting a 460/c-6 into a 1964 galaxie that previously sported a 390/c4. I hace been to crites web site and wonder if their mounts are all thats needed and how user friendly the whole swap is.
Thanx
Donco

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had no problem putting the 460 in my 64 Galaxie. It fit like a glove and I did use Crites motor mounts. I have heard people say that those mounts sit the motor up a little high, but for me that was not a problem since I went with a bubble scope hood. The 460 from what I have read is a great engine and has been around a long time and the sky is the limit on horse power for this block. Goodluck and keep me posted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm actually putting one in my 63 right now, its a stroked 460 to 557 with a toploader should turn out good, the only problem i'm going to have is making a couple of new bends in a couple of header tubes because of the clutch linkage, most are set up for a c-6, i don't think you'll be disappointed though

·
Registered
981 Posts
My headers went in ok from crites, had to modify the tubes for steering box, tranny (starter) and front suspension by heating and rolling. Then took them and ceramic coated them. They look killer, but finall assembly will tell the truth. The motor mounts seem good for height, the tranny mounts for the c-6 suck. All we did was remove the frame mounts, move them back and re welded with added steel, looks pro now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx guys, with this positive input I think my son and will give this a try. Good folks and akiller forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts