Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford made alternator mounting brackets & hardware for the 460 that mounts the alternator high on the passenger side cylinder head and also made them to mount low on the same side. Is there any aftermarket products that mount it low?? I know march performance has a weird setup how ever it locates it high. I need to locate the alternator low. If anyone has extra stock parts to mount it low that is good also Email Prostreet460 at aol .
Thx

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have mine mounted low on the passenger side using stock brackets.The stock brackets also have provisions for an airpump if you want to run it to evacuate crankcase pressure.but you can cut the extra ear off if not.I got mine from the junkyard off of a lincoln they are easy to find.Sorry I dont have any extras.
Bob

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The low mounts are 50-50 on the pump bracket.
I have never in my 25 years seen a high location. What's the part #. I have to mount mine high because my engine sits so low in my tube chassis.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The high mounting has the top of the Alt @ mid valvecover ...with a std water neck the hose lays on top of the alt... this is a factory location that one might have with a smog/airpump below. I'm also using a Weiand Aluminum water pump. Had to make the top bracket from pump to alt.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
alt. bracket off of a late-70's 3/4 ton van or truck. They're mounted low on the pass. side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts