Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 460 with Alloy Motorsport CJ heads, JEs with 11.2:1 comp with a Crane Hyd/roller
228,[email protected],614lift, headers, Victor Jnr, 1050 Demon,
put the bloody thing on the dyno and it made 365hp at the rear wheels at 5000 rpm due to a misfire after 5000 rpm( roughly 444 hp at flywheel) correct me if im wrong.
any one with similar combo run theirs on dyno, i would like to know the numbers.

i now it can make more by reving cleanly to 6300-6500 rpm, my worry is that theres an electrical( spark ) fault.

its got an electronic Bosch Disi, out of a 351C(common part here in Australia), and a stock factory type coil.

will a ignition control setup work better
( bigger spark)and what are the readers preferences in various makes
MSD, Crane hi-6 trc, Egc Egc

any advice apreciated

·
Registered
749 Posts
MSD is my fav stuff.

As far as more power at 6000-6500
That cam is too small for th induction you have...the lift isnt too bad...but the duration at .050 is way to little.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
My preference is an MSD billet dist and a 6AL box.
The XE falcon i fitted a 560hp crate motor to, put out [email protected] at the tyres on a dyno dynamics dyno.That engine is similar to yours but has a hyd cam.It still had the stock ford duraspark and a 6al.That was with a c6 trans that sucks a lot of power so you may get a bit more with the manual.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
From what I've heard, most rigs with automatics only get about 70% of the flywheel power to the rear wheels. 70% of 560 is only 392hp, and with the C6, the wrong atmospheric conditions, or even if the jetting was off a little, 362hp is probably pretty close. Manuals probably get closer to 80% to the rear wheels, and I'll bet if you get it to rev clean past 5000rpm, you'll probably see peak power at around 5500 with that camshaft. I probly would have gon with a Weiand Stealth with that camshaft, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts