Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how much horsepower and torque a factory 460 (1971) puts out? There is a 460 c6 combo for sale around where I live for around $300.00 and it probably came out of an ltd or truck. I want to upgrade my 302 so this may be my chance...both will probably need rebuild of course. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At 385 horses, it should be quite an improvement from the 210hp the factory 302 is putting out. I had another question, but I better put it under a different topic. btw, that is a really cool car - the 73 Torino's had the most aggressive looking fastback design of all the years in my opinion. Portage...I used to spend some time there - had a girlfriend that lived near that ridiculous 1-car-at-a-time bridge...know which one I'm talking about!? hahaha.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Oops. Indigo is right. I added 20 HP. Yes I know the Samuelson Road bridge. It is still one car at a time even though they have extended Samuelson all the way from Rt. 6 to Rt. 20 and 6 is bieng widened to 5 lanes. Don't go there now, unless she is really pretty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts