Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is any difference in the older engine and newer engine as it would pretain to "timing cover" application.

This is the deal. I have the older early 70s block ... 429 changing out the crank to build 460 ... using rear sump pan in order to get better engine placement in my 55 F100.

I just purchased a new timing cover for the engine #E8TE-6059-AA ... obviously this is a late 80s era cover right into the EFI production. It has the threaded holes for fuel pump mounting and a thin casting to block off the opening, for EFI use. And no dipstick provision (rear sump pan use).

Anyone know if this is a problem fit for my application?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Shoulden't be a problem. IF you need a cover, check out AAA midwest/Enginequest in Las Vegas. I've been using their replacement covers for years. Good stuff AND lots cheaper than a dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
The only difference i have seen is the dipstick hole you mentioned + a later cover has the crank seal installed from the front side instead of the back like the earlier ones.I thought the later ones didn't have the casting for the fuel pump .It's been a while though since i saw one..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gregaust on 3/19/02 4:27am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts