Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another year with my 64 Galaxie. Except for a set of new tires and an oil change or two, quiet year. Car shows didn't seem as brutally hot as last year. Trophy count: zero. "Oohs" and "aahs", too many to count.

219,294 miles. It would be nice to hit the 220K mark and the 50 year ownership mark in the same year.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could be off by 100,000 miles or more. Let' s see a pic of the odometer...
putts
Yo, putts, "Back to the Future" there, Marty McFly.

ODs back then only showed 5 digits plus one additional digit for tenths. (Do you really want a pic that shows 19294X?)

The car was purchased Feb 6, 1969 for $750, which included a valve job. My wife's 1958 Pontiac Chieftain front end fell apart, and we needed a car pronto. I was working at a Ford parts depot, and a co-worker told me about a girl who wanted to sell her 1964 Galaxie 500 convert. (In the early 80's, I converted the car to a 500XL.)

The car turned 100K Jan, 1974.

Turned 200K August, 1997

Here's pics of my dash project, but you can't make out the numbers. So, I guess you'll just have to trust me.

Dash Project Slideshow by jvmarcone | Photobucket

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you recover the seats yourself? Did you put in new foam?

I’m waiting on covers from SMS. I have new foam from Ecklers that I’ve cut down because it was too thick.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you recover the seats yourself? Did you put in new foam?

I’m waiting on covers from SMS. I have new foam from Ecklers that I’ve cut down because it was too thick.
I had a pro do it.

I pulled the seats (the buckets can be a pain), and a guy picked them up and returned them as good as new.

The rear seat, side panels, and chrome speaker trim came out of a wrecked, top down convert sitting in a NJ junkyard for who knows how long. Rear side panels were beige, so I vinyl sprayed them black to match the front panels, which came from a black hardtop with a blown motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts