Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. im doing an efi swap on my 68 mustang and am essentailly copying 5.0 single tank, dual pump bronco specs..

so im just wonderring if anyone knows the spec for the in tank low pressure pump? what the flow rate and pressure are?

cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
The specs vary by year, but all the LP pumps in 5.0L Broncos, HO Mustangs, T-Birds are 0.2-0.3 BAR at 95-170 LPH (2.5-4.5 PSI at 26-45 GPH). The same LP pumps from the CFI era are also used on everything from 300 I6s to 460 V8s in later MPFI years. Some models used them from around 1980 to about 1997.

Anything in that range will work fine, so electric pumps for carbureted cars and trucks from the 1970s will do as well. A common and cheap lookup is the LP in-tank pump for a 1975 Monza 350ci 4-barrel - or 101 other models. RockAuto had ACDelco LP pumps on clearance for about $12 not long ago. I grabbed 3 of the "Ford" versions and angled strainers for converting stock Ford tank pickup/senders to EFI.

If you want to stay out of the tank, the Mr. Gasket LP external pumps are about 4-5 PSI / 35 GPH, and just need a hose cut 'n splice to install near the tank. Lots of options.
:tup:
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts