Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a riddle...I pulled apart a 5.0 I got gratis from a neighbor, it had been gone through once. block id is FIse, crank in good shape, etc. My son and I are in the process of fitting it into his mustang (7
. We pulled it apart to check it out, and couldn't id the roller cam. the lobes measure out to 444 with 1.6 ratio, put it all together...then poof! the cam timing is the old firing order 15426378, instead of 13726548. Is this a 5.0 from a lincoln? Would it still have the same specs as a 5.0 HO?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The HO cam used in lincolns had the same firing order as the HO mustang. 13726548. Most ford 5.0 produced after 85 had the roller cams it sounds like a stock cam.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was able to find specs on the f150, bronco, etc. The lift on the intake lobe is almost the same as the h.o. cam with alot less duration and the oldstyle firing order. So this cam has gotta go! Do you have any opinions on the various ford racing cams? (e303 etc.) This motor is going to be carburerated, 3000 stall c-4 auto in a mustang 2.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
My buddy has a E-303 in his 89Mustang 302 with a 600 Holley edelbrock 289performer, He has a 3000 stall a AOD, 4.11 gear long tubes and runs full MSD and runs 13.6 to 13.7 (IIRC ) at its best last season.
The sound at idle is awesome. Seat of the pants was a shocker for me.
I drove it once, I dont like to drive other peoples vehicles. Had a blast with this one!

Stock block no overbore, Stock trans no shift kit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts